Old November 24th 04, 01:31 AM
Alun

wrote in :

On 23 Nov 2004 06:29:39 GMT, Alun wrote:

Foreigners have been able to get US licences for many decades. I'm one.

Only representatives of a foreign government can't get a US call. Try
reading Part 97.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

I have read it. A few times. If you live in the U.S. and get a U.S.
license, I doubt there's any complaints. If you live in Germany,
have never been to the U.S., and never intend to go to the U.S.,
I doubt many people would deem it necessary for you to have a
U.S. license.

73, Jim KH2D

Quite true, but if you live in Germany and nip down to your local USAF
facility for a VE sesion you can get a US licence, all legal and above
board.

There's an obvious solution. If someone takes a VE test overseas and has no
US address, they ought to be given a sequentially issued call in one of the
less populous FCC districts, say the 1st district.