Old May 19th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tony Angerame

Default Modulation Inductor?

I've acquired a high power 50 watts plus tube type hifi output
transformer. I'd like to try modulating a pair of 6146's with a hifi
amp. The circuits I see use a modulating inductor in series with the B+
to the final to keep single ended dc off the transformer secondary.

Here's the rub. Where do you find a 30-50 henry inductor for 800+ volts?
I was thinking of checking out the secondary of a tv transformer? (Not
many left used to be common whatever happened to those tv's).

Anyone have any ideas on winding one? Seems to me taking an old
transformer apart and scramble winding as much wire as one can afford
might do the trick?

Ideas?

Thanks,

Tony,