Old May 19th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pete Bertini

Default Modulation Inductor?

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
I assume you are talking AM modulation and that you really want plate
modulation.

Otherwise you are discovering why screen modulation was so popular
with 6146 finals!

de W8CCW John

I suspect he is talking Heising modulation, which normally is used
with a single-ended Class A modulator whose plate is directly tied
to the PA plate (the choke is used to provide a high impedance to
the filter chokes. But, what I wonder, a 50 watt tube audio amp is
very substantial, and is probably running Class B P-P. I don't see
how Heising modulation would work in that application.

Pete