Old May 19th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default NPR To Feature Amateur Station Involved with Hurricane Operations

On Fri, 19 May 2006 15:21:40 +0000 (UTC), Lloyd
wrote:

On Fri, 19 May 2006 10:54:22 -0400, dxAce wrote:
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/05/19/1/?nc=1

That must be a work of fiction. During the whole Katrina aftermath, I
never saw one amateur station in operation, nor do I know anyone who
did. Amateurs were of zero help during the emergency, and the public
got most of its personal information over the internet.

The media were of no help (carried only stories about New Orleans),
the Red Cross was of no help (arrived too late in most communities),
and the government agencies were definitely of no help.

If it hadn't been for the internet, most of the evacuees in my hotel
would have had no idea about what was going on at home.

The hams should be ashamed of themselves for pretending that they can
do anything useful any longer. What a crock of crap they're peddling.

The hams were running several continuous nets on various frequencies
throughout the aftermath of Katrina.

Guess you weren't listening.

bob
k5qwg