Old November 27th 04, 02:06 AM
Mike Luther

Well, anon ..

anon wrote:

And another no-code tech spews....

I'm 50 years plus at this and an Extra since 1954, plus have held a
First Class Telegraph commercial ticket as well. With virtually all CW
and low band only interests, well able to handle 50-60 WPM at it, my now
315 confirmed on 40CW only are a large part due to the contribution of
whatever I can glean from DX bulletins like this. At 326 now worked on
40CW I can tell you that I am, and from what I know, many others are,
deeply greatful to sources of information on the DX world like this one.

Each of us in this pursuit has our own way of optimizing our
satisfaction with the time and effort we put into it. My personal goal
in life is to create as many choices for everyone with which I come in
contact, at the same time as I create and optimize them for me. I
believe that the worst thing we can do to others is to take away their
freedom of choice, however you wish to define how that deprivation is
accomplished.

It's your choice and right to criticize the posting of the bulletin.
But from experience I can tell you that it gets a lot harder and
lonelier way up above the 300 mark to accomplish working and getting
cards from various 'countries'. I owe a couple of these latest wanted
contacts and card opportunities to this posting. For which I am very
greatful. And also upon contact with other DX for which I'll *GLADLY*
spot what I hear for others and feed it to the bulletin world as well.

If what you advocate is to take away this source of information, that,
to me, is depriving others of choices here. To me this would be wrong,
but that's obviously my opinion..

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake!