Old November 27th 04, 01:10 PM
James

'Doc wrote:
...Keep the 50 feet, use a tuner. Quit wasting good
'worry' on tuner losses, they don't amount to enough
to worry about. The 'additional' length (and that
tuner) gives you access to other bands. Will it be the
'best' possible antenna? Of course not, but it'll
certainly be adequate...
'Doc

Thanks for the feedback folks. Doc is on the right track. THe tuner
works really well (way to go SGC, nice product!) and the antenna length
doesn't seem to be impeding transmission distance.

Furthermore, the length, although not electrically correct for all
frequencies, is convenient physically for a sail boat.

Glad to hear that the 1000 mile distance I attained was acceptable
performance. My actual planned use is for keeping in touch with other
vessels (friends) that are within a couple of thousand miles tops.
Hopefully it will do the trick.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Muuch appreciated.

Jimmy