Old May 22nd 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT

Default 2.4 GHz Yagi

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Group,

I looking at convering a TV UHF antenna to 2.4 GHz, the antenna has a
yagi part with elements spaced every 3 inches and the elements are the
same lenght of about 3 inches.

I think the 3 inch element lenght are a little long, and the elements
need to be cut so that one of them is the reflector and one as a driven
elements and the others would be come directors. There are about 10
elements on this boom.

The element spacing, 3 inches most likely will do OK ? comments?

A look in the handbook for 2.4 GHz antenna, either they don't include
them or I missed them. I have several old handbooks and ARRL antenna
books.

So, would as anyone who has some of the basic dimensions to pass that
along.

Also concerned that the frequency will require a SMA or Type-N and
matching, I don't have a means to check the SWR.

De KJ4UO

We had need for an antenna like that a few years ago, and bought a loop Yagi
from www.downeastmicrowave.com . No doubt similiar antennas are available in
DJ land. The one I bought had something like 80 elements on about a 3 - 4
meter boom. Price was ~U$120. Converting a TV antenna does not seem
worthwhile.

Tam/WB2TT