Old May 22nd 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old freind

Default "The Passion of the Code"

wrote:
WorldRadio June 2006, Morse Code column by Ron Notarius/WN3VAW

The author asks, "What is it about the International Morse Code that
inspires passion in us Amateur Radio operators?"

Anyone have an answer?

that it is a obscure from of comication with interesting aplication
indeed even I use it some (a couple of EME q's and lot of pc based DSP
assitance as well for a bit of HSMS agina using computers a lot to
flush out the signal)

Indeeed I confess a certain interest in spark stuff and would love to
knwo if the tech exists that we could use spark again with hf clearly
out a bit in some band without causing problems for other users (I
would evenn write letters in favor of such an alocation were i
convinced it possible

My wife has enjoy the anonity of the mode and made some 6m cw contat
alas she was suffering flu duringthe last local testing sesion and
boogled a test for it or I expect she have made put up the HF anttnea
already foruse the mode

Yes steve get a good laugh my wife enjoys CW club memer find this mild
ironic as do I

I can and have answered what inspires passion about Morse Code

what I can not answer is why that passion espresses itself so often in
trying to ram the mode down the throats of others