Old May 22nd 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt

Default highest gain hf antenna in the world

In article m,
wrote:

Seems like Arecibo might have around 36dB gain at 28MHz where it is a
28 wavelength dish, at least according to scaling numbers I found on a
random webpage.

Not bad. Seems that a 3.5 wavelength dish (3.5MHz Arecibo) still has a
bit of gain too. 15dB?

I wish I had 15dBd gain on 3.5MHz... don't exactly want it straight up,
though.

That's OK. Just hoist up one mountain, lower the other, and rotate
the whole dish/valley onto its side. Paul Bunyan would have thought
nothing of it.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Hosting the Jade Warrior home page: