Old May 22nd 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gary Schafer

Default Modulation Inductor?

On 19 May 2006 10:32:56 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

Yes... I think he should seriously consider low-level modulation
instead of high-level modulation.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Looking at your web site I see you seem to manufacture CB amplifiers?
I also see you fail to post the 3rd and 5th order intermodulation
performance info. They must be pretty bad.
Also no low pass filter to attenuate the harmonics. -30 db second and
third harmonics are unacceptable. And those are at below power spec
on the amplifier.

How do you measure peak envelope power?
Where do you come up with PEP at 3 times carrier power?
What makes you think that PEP is going to be any greater than the CW
power output capability of the amplifier?

73
Gary K4FMX