Old May 22nd 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Ebay & "The Market"

Peter Wieck wrote:
After reading all this, and with the recent Kutztown event in the
background, as well as my three weekend finds, I am not so sure eBay
has much to do with anything as to radio prices or availability. This
is based on several assumptions which I will list for
correction/addition/amplification:

Internet based sales have a huge advantage over in-place sales like
Dayton. Ebay and other sales sites can as we all know bring sellers
from around the world at any time of the day. It just isn't possible
to get that kind of coverage at an arena in Ohio.

To the extent that buyer and seller are honest (and most are) internet
sales work very well because money and the good to be sold have to be
moved only once.

It is for the exact same reason that in-person antique shows are having
a hard go of it.