Old November 30th 04, 06:24 PM
K1NG KØNG

If you have ever heard or used these

9=N, 0=T, 1=A

Then you have heard or used abbreviated numbers, also called cut numbers.

For the full set -- See URL:
http://www.aritrieste.it/morse.htm
--
Gore Rilla

"Derek Wills" wrote in message

ABBREVIATED NUMBERS
Typically Used In Contests

(sorry, can't reproduce them on my mail system)

Where is this list from? No problem with 0, 1 and 9 but "V"
for 4? Peter said VV was meant to be 33 in the case of EA8ZS
in the recent contest....

I have never heard any of those other abbreviations used in
15+ yrs of CW contesting. I have heard a single "dit" for 5,
as part of "599", when it's unambiguous. And in the ARRL
contest when power is part of the exchange, I've heard 599 000
for a KW (I sometimes reply "fb QRP").

I hope nobody sends these things to me in a contest as a serial
number, other than 0, 1 and 9!

Derek aa5bt (I guess that's 11560, or something...)