Old December 1st 04, 11:21 PM
Peter Lemken

"KØHB" wrote:

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote

It might be nice for the software to, by default, refuse to post any message
that's more than 75% quoted material...

Yes.

As a matter fact, I remember a couple of newsservers I frequently used a
couple of years ago that actually did that. Annoying for the first couple of
postings, enlightenig for the rest of my usenet experience.

I wish professional use of e-Mail communication would adhere to that basic
rule. It would make life easier and less painful to read some people's
e-Mail. Malformed, malquoted, blinking tags and all that with virtually no
reference to original mail.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Toleranz, das war doch diese resultierende Verhaltensweise, wenn man sich
zwischen Abscheu und Mitleid nicht entscheiden kann.

(Andreas Kroschel in de.alt.talk.unmut)