Old May 23rd 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Robert Kubichek

Default Control Unit for Home Built Rotator from Pitch-Prop Motor

Kevin & Natalia wrote:
Hi All,

I acquired a Pitch-Prop motor a number of years ago, with the intention of
building a antenna rotator.
I still have the intention of doing this, and have checked the motor for
operation. This works out very nice, and was able to control it to different
speeds with different voltage.
I have a construction design for the mounting of the motor and gearbox to
the tower, and antenna.

The problem I have now, is I wish to construct a suitable control unit, with
digital readout, and the possibility of controlling via a mini PIC control,
or via PC.

I have searched the internet without much success, so my next course of
action was to see if anyone on these groups might be of help.
So I put my hands up for HELP!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in Advance.

Kevin, ZL1KFM.

It is entirely doable, check here
"http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx" for ideas on how to implement
your project using a Basic Stamp...
I would do it with digital position sensing, with an lcd display showing
direction of antenna..

Bob N9LVU