Old May 24th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Kevin & Natalia

Default Control Unit for Home Built Rotator from Pitch-Prop Motor

Hi Tim,

My electronics skills are fairly good, I have built many projects over the
time.
What I was wanting to do, is have a control box in the shack with a readout
and left/right controls. And have the provision to also be able to have a PC
control it.
I like the Pitch-prop motor, as it is strong, and can be controlled easy.

The way I control it at the moment, is via a 2 voltage system.
The pitch-prop runs at 36volts for full speed, and when I wish to slow it
down for small movements, I use a second set of controls at 15volts. Not the
best way of doing it, but it works.
I then look out the window and see where it is pointing. I know where N, E,
S, W are on my section.

As to price on the parts, I would like to keep it down to around a couple of
hundred dollars.

Regards and thanks for your input.

Kevin, ZL1KFM
www.qsl.net/zl1hk

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

Excepting the readout, this should be a fairly routine motor control
problem. Depending on what you want to do your control box could be as
simple as a current-limited power supply and a couple of switches or as
complex as a fully fed-back motion control system.

How's your electronics skills, and how fancy do you want it to be?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/