Old May 24th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Question about the uses for an antenna design

Jerry, can you post a photo on a webpage somewhere?

I think I get it... a single cross is like the driven elements of a
circularly polarized crossed yagi, the kind where you get the 90 degree
phasing by physical staggering of the elements.

Since it has no reflectors or directors, it's bidirectional. If you
cross two Crosses and feed them 90 degrees out of phase you get a
more-or-less omnidirectional azimuth pattern.

It is a pair of crossed dipoles fed as a turnstile.

I personally would probably still call it a Lindenblad, but maybe the
phasing is different on the Lindenblad.. I think they're phased the
same way, though.

Stick up a picture, if you can, or email to me... I'd like to see the
construction in case I'm missing something.

73,
Dan
N3OX