Old October 3rd 03, 06:30 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Absolutely no chance that you are simply wrong?

Only if Born and Wolfe are wrong. Since people use these formulas every
day, proving them wrong might be quite a challenge. I should think the
fact that their formula produces the correct answer to your problem
should lend Born and Wolfe at least some credence.

Absolutely no chance that there is a small detail that you do not
understand and are therefore misinterpreting something?

If the 150 ohm line was terminated in 150 ohms or was infinitely long
would
Vr = Vf * (150-50)/(150+50)?

Yes, it would, and all three reflection coefficients, rho, s11, and
s'11 would be equal in that particular case. Please see my other posting
on this subject and you will comprehend the small mental error you are
making. In short,

s'11 = rho but s11 doesn't equal rho unless the load-rho equals zero.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP