Old May 25th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Mystery CW sig on LW

Ken Bessler wrote:
I'm trying to ID this signal on 296khz. I don't think it's
an NDB. I've been hunting NDB's for years and this
signal is unlike any I've heard. There is a 4 second long
tone followed by the letters EUEINE then back to the
tone. The CW speed is also much, much faster than any
NDB I've ever heard. The signal is always on, even
when conditions are poor so I'm pretty sure it's local
to me (Wichita, KS).

Anybody care to guess what it is?

--
73's de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17io, TS-850SAT, AL-84,

USCG DGPS
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/ado/DgpsCompleteConfiguration_tabular.asp
Email dead, don't bother to try.