Old May 25th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default OT-Pioneer Equip.

On Thu, 25 May 2006 02:14:19 GMT, "SWL-2010"
wrote:

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 24 May 2006 04:45:32 GMT, "SWL-2010"
wrote:

Untill Tuesday. There was a power outage in my neighborhood, and my

entire
building and block lost power for about 2 hours. When everything came

back
online, the only thing that did not was the Pioneer, and it will not.

I don't guess you checked the fuse?

No, I don't want to take the top off since it's still in warranty. It goes
back tomorrow, they said they will replace it.

The powerline fuse is normally on the back on the radio. Release the
fuse holder; visually inspect the fuse; if the metal strand is broken,
that's your problem.

Your manual should show you exactly where the fuse is.

bob
k5qwg

I'm pretty steamed. I bought the extra warranty, and I have a connection

where I purchased it, so I know they will simply replace it, but my

question
is, do I want another Pioneer?

I've had good luck with Adcom.

I should try something else, but since they are going to replace it, I will
give another one a try.

bob
k5qwg