Old May 26th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
notbob

Default ARRL members, I need your help. Friggen low-life scum.

On 2006-05-25, Slow Code wrote:

to be a ham now days, so licensing requirements have to be low in order to
help keep our numbers up. They won't work for a license.

I don't think that's entirely true. I'm working for my license.
Learning code, radio and antenna theory, SMT, and every other thing I
can think of. Got an ARRL Handbook ('91), a cheapo hand key, and a G.
West test book. Do I think code should be required? Yes. IMO,
knowing what I'm doing is what being a ham is all about. Knowing code
is part of that. In fact, with the possible spread of BPL, CW may
again become the only way to punch through. If I just wanted to press
a button and yap, I'd buy a CB or a cellphone.

nb