Old May 26th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
dick on the langwang

Default Repairing moving coil meters.

Has anyone experience of repairing moving coil meters and/or able give
me to any useful pointers. One of my (many !!) restoration projects is
being held up by an u/s meter & from inspection I suspect although the
coil/pointer move freely one of the fine wire connections to the coil
has gone open circuit, due to corrosion. I'm happy stripping down &
repairing clocks but have no experience of doing the same to meters. In
the end I'll probably have to find a replacement but it would be nice
to try & get the original meter working again.