Old May 26th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Dayton HamFest killed by E-Bay

I get approx 27 mpg with my Subaru WRX and there's 3 of us to share the
gas if I were all that uptight about the gas, which I'm not. I don't
lose any sleep, I just go to bed before Jay Leno instead of after. And
that's a pretty low rate for Hamvention weekend. Anyway, its only
$8.88 for gas per day, which is just dirt cheap. Find a motel like
Holiday (pool, hi speed access) that is closer for the $8.88.
Unlikely.

As for the driving, I drove 550 miles to get there, and 550 back, so 40
is just not noticable...

Dave Head