Old October 3rd 03, 07:59 PM
Gene Nygaard

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:01:09 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

Gene Nygaard wrote:
It's Jim Kelley who is having great difficulty dealing with these
"meter kilograms." Their existence demolishes one of his major
arguments. Will he, or any of the others making similar foolish
arguments, ever address this?

If you have a point, sir, I think it's time you should make it. If your
intent is nothing more than to blither inanities, then when will you
have your fill?

You can be pretty dense when you want to be.

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:44:09 -0700
Why do you think torque wrenches have the unit
'foot-pounds' printed on them if the pound is a unit
of mass?

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:32:56 -0700
And so a torque wrench has what kind of units printed on its
scale - mass and distance, or force and distance?

What was your point in asking these questions? Quite simple. You
were offering those "foot-pounds" as proof of the supposed fact that
pounds are units of force and not units of mass. In fact, you
specifically claimed, by asking a rhetorical question in last Friday's
message, that torque wrenches would not have these units on them if a
pound is a unit of mass.

So my followup to you is along the same lines: Do you claim that
those "meter kilograms" prove that kilograms are not units of mass?

Not a very difficult question to answer, is it, Jim?

Gene Nygaard
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Gene_Nygaard/