Old May 26th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default Brainteaser

"K7ITM" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sigh. Yes, I believe you HAVE made a mistake in your calculations,
right at the beginning. C = tau/Z0 = 1/100 farad; L = tau*Z0 = 100
henries. But of course, the concept is perfect. 100V, 1A, 100W,
E^2*C/2 = 50 joules stored in the capacitance. I^2*L/2 = 50 joules
stored in the inductance. The two are equal only for a termination
equal to the line Z0 of course.

Tom,

Furthermore, the energy dissipated each second in the 100-ohm
termination (100 watts) is equal to the energy stored in the line.

Damned decimal points. I just KNEW I had made a mistake somewhere
along the line. Thank you.

By the way - what is tau ?
----
Reg.