Old May 27th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Bob Bob

Default COAX suggestion please.

You dont specify the operating frequency.. If you are talking HF I doubt
that coax quality is going to help with CW signals in the noise. Both
the signal and noise will be attenuated by 'bad' coax but they will
still have the same s/n at the RX. (ie atmospheric noise is far above RX
noise)

I'd say that even at 10MHz using RG58 the losses arent excessive (about
1.5dB)

If you want better s/n I think you are going to have to experiment with
directive antennas or other noise reduction techniques.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

wrote:
Could anyone please suggest a type of COAX to use?