Old May 27th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default IBOC - Redefining AM Radio Service As We Know It

On 26 May 2006 19:59:14 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

What's an IBOC?

bob
k5qwg

For One and All,

IBOC - Redefining AM Radio As We Know It :

To properly implement IBOC in the AM Radio Band
both Day and Night would require that AM Radio
Station Service in the USA be reclassified as a
"Local Voice Media Service".

Reduced - The Power of all Major Market AM Radio
Stations down to 25 KW Day and 10 KW Night

Fix - Regional AM Radio Stations at 10 KW Day
and 5 KW Nights

Allow - Local AM Radio Stations to be rated at
2.5 KW Day and 1 KW Nights.

Low Power - Educational, Community and Translator
AM Radio Stations limited to 250 Watts Day and
100 Watts Night.

ok - so it's another stupid idea ~ RHF
.
.