Old May 28th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default IBOC at Night and the Local/Regional AMs

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. net...

[snip]

Would the new, improved nighttime IBOC AM stations be luring listeners
from
other distractions such as TV and the internet, or would they just be
stealing audience from the non-IBOC AM stations and FM stations?

I have no idea, as we don ot know where they go. But if the big AMs get
decent daytime numbers, it is possible they will keep thse shares at

night.

[snip]

You don't know where the listeners are going when they aren't listening to
the radio? It sounds like the industry has no idea what it's competing
against. Yet they seem to think IBOC is going to fix -- ahhhhhhh --
something.

Frank Dresser