Old May 28th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan Andersson

Default RoomCap Antenna

Felix wrote:

Roy Lewallen Wrote:
Buck wrote:
. . .
If it performs as well as you claim it does, or if it is similar to
the performance of an EH per size,(for example, hypothetically
speaking, a 3 foot antenna performs as well as a 1/2 wave vertical
20
meter antenna), and if the cost and skill level required for building
the antenna is suitable to me, I might be interested in purchasing
the
plans for your antenna.
. . .

You must mean, "If it performs as well as the EH antenna claims to
perform." If it can do that, it's miraculous indeed. It's no trick to
make an antenna perform as well as an EH -- a 3 foot high (fat)
vertical
performs as well as a 3 foot high EH.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

HERE A FEW RESULTS:

QRV with RoomCap antenna on 80m

On May 15th, 2006 I was QRV on 80 m during 1 1/2 hour.
Tcvr: TS-50 (100 W PEP), QRG = 3.770 - 3.787 Mhz
Antenna: RoomCap with 1.66m radiator length
installed on my car. SWR = 1.0
QTH: Peripheral part of city of Basel.

Conditions: The band was weak with a lot of QRN.

Here follows the contacts and the
received signal reports:

20:10 DJ6YF, 59+10, Hans, Bielefeld
20:10 DL3EAI, 59, Reino, Mittetal (nr border to PA)
20:14 DJ6LGB, 58, Peter, Lüneburg
20:17 G4KHM, 57, John, nr. Brighton
20:23 DL1JGG, 58, Renald,Plauen
20:30 DC4HW, 59 Walter, Lauenburg nr Lueneburg
20:33 DG6DAG, 59+10, Otto, Nord-Hessen nr Kassel
20:40 YO4RDW, 57, Romeo, Odfbesei, Rumaenien
20:50 F4AWH, 59, Jean-Luc, nr Besancon
20:55 2E0BOT, 59, John, Stratford UK
21:10 DF9YK, 59, Wolfgang, Mainz
21:11 SP8TDV, 57, Adam, Lublin, Poland
21:13 HB9AQA, 59+10 - +20, Ferdi, nr Lenzburg
21:22 9A4M, 59, Mate, Sisah, Croatia
21:28 G1RVP, 57, Pete, Dereham
21:30 DJ6MM, 59+10, Paul, Eifel
21:38 DK5WN, 59, Thomas nr Erfurt
21:39 SP1DTE 58, Luk Koloberg, Poland
21:40 HB9XJ, 59+10, Hans, Zuerich
21:43 QRT

With best 73s

Felix HB9ABX

Well well...

Whatever one believes and/or thinks about the EH-Antenna, Ted Hart, the
creator and the patent holder, is honest enough to release the full design
information to the ham community - to hate or to love.

The method of selling sealed envelopes is - at the best regrettable and at
worst, something really different.

As the EH-Antenna is targeted to the commercial world - this antenna is an
obvious way of making money out of the non-commercial hams.

I think the judgement are coming down hard on you Felix and I have to agree
on this judgement. Again, nothing personal but maybe a very much middle
European way of selling. As the Ham world is mainly Anglo-Saxon - it just
doesn't work! I suggest you do as the EH-Antenna Inc, release the full info
for homebrewers and sell a ready made version to the turn-key amateurs
instead!

Cheers

Dan / M0DFI