Old May 28th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dan Andersson

Default Research project

Gerry wrote:

Can anyone help me with research for my degree.

I'm looking for information on ham radio enthusiasts who suffer from
manic depression (bipolar syndrome). I'm researching the effects of
RF fields on electrical activity in the brain. It's possible that this
particular form of mental illness could be specifically at risk.

Can you put me in contact with anyone who could help me?

Thanks

Gerry G.

Gerry,

Personally, I would concentrate on the effect of the magnetic field as a
trigger of brain malfunctions.

High RF fields tends to create sunstroke symptoms if excessive but high
density H fields are known to even create visual effects like flashes etc.

Also, Scandinavian studies on the effect of high power lines shows that it's
the magnetic field we need to be vary about.

As you might, or might not know, it's a common practice in Scandinavia to
bury powerlines instead of mounting them on towers or pylones.

A lot of money and effort have been spent there and you might be able to use
a lot of this material as reference material. The studies concentrated on
possible cancer connections like Leukemia, which they found, but as far as
I know, neglected to look into other forms of disturbances or anomalies
like the effect on the brain etc.

Cheers

Dan / M0DFI