Old May 29th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

Default RoomCap Antenna

On 29 May 2006 06:21:41 -0700, "George" wrote:

How about a design that is small in size, loads the feedline, lights up
the shack, and fries my pacemaker? RF has got to go somewhere! It is a
good bet that if the military and commercial users have not or do not
accept the super design, then I think I will save my $ for the more
accepted, tried and true antenna.
New ideas need to be consistant with the accepted laws of physics
unless what is being proposed is so radical that it breaks new ground.
At that point it is the job of the inventor to lay out the theory and
application for peer review. Otherwise, we spend a lot of time shooting
the bull.

Yes but after we shoot the bull the barbecue is so much fun! :}

wrote:
20:10 DJ6YF, 59+10, Hans, Bielefeld
20:10 DL3EAI, 59, Reino, Mittetal (nr border to PA)
20:14 DJ6LGB, 58, Peter, Lüneburg
20:17 G4KHM, 57, John, nr. Brighton
20:23 DL1JGG, 58, Renald,Plauen
20:30 DC4HW, 59 Walter, Lauenburg nr Lueneburg
20:33 DG6DAG, 59+10, Otto, Nord-Hessen nr Kassel
20:40 YO4RDW, 57, Romeo, Odfbesei, Rumaenien
20:50 F4AWH, 59, Jean-Luc, nr Besancon
20:55 2E0BOT, 59, John, Stratford UK
21:10 DF9YK, 59, Wolfgang, Mainz
21:11 SP8TDV, 57, Adam, Lublin, Poland
21:13 HB9AQA, 59+10 - +20, Ferdi, nr Lenzburg
21:22 9A4M, 59, Mate, Sisah, Croatia
21:28 G1RVP, 57, Pete, Dereham
21:30 DJ6MM, 59+10, Paul, Eifel
21:38 DK5WN, 59, Thomas nr Erfurt
21:39 SP1DTE 58, Luk Koloberg, Poland
21:40 HB9XJ, 59+10, Hans, Zuerich
21:43 QRT
=--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reports are pretty lackluster I'd say... A 1/2 dipole would have
trounced that thing... It might be small, but so is the performance
judging from your reports. If I was working regional distances like
that and got 57-58 reports, I'd be wondering who cut my antenna
down.. :/
MK

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! (The hell with my X-wife!)

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!