Old May 29th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Kubichek

Default Motor for remote controlled antenna tuner

Ed wrote:
I'm considering building a remote controlled balanced tuner. Some type
of low RPM motor 12V reversable motor is what I have in mind to accomplish
the tuning. I will have two fairly hefty variable caps to turn along with
a moderatly sized roller inductor.

Can anyone here recommend a particular type motor, and a reasonable
source for the the type of motors I need? Tnx.

Ed K7AAT

Try these;

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...ER_MOTOR_.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/DCM-243R/400/12_VDC_GEARHEAD_MOTOR_(RIGHT-HAND_VERSION)_.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/DCM-243L/400/12_VDC_GEARHEAD_MOTOR_(LEFT-HAND_VERSION)_.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...AD_MOTOR_.html

They have a lot of torque, and are used in robotics a lot.

Bob N9LVU