Old May 29th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo

Default IBOC at Night and the Local/Regional AMs

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message
news

Radio, however, is stuck. It might get a bit more bandwidth at the
fringes,
but it won't double.

FM HD doubles or even triples the program offerings in each market.

I also suspect IBOC is fixed in it's currrent incarnation. The newest
IBOC
AM might sound good even with it's limited bandwidth, but I can't see any
reason why similiar bandwidth conserving plans can't be used across the
internet. And the internet has the advantage of being able to continually
update it's decoders.

So does HD... at the transmission end.

Although I sitll figure ibiquity has the pay radio card up it's sleeve.

I tis never mentioned, The license fees are ad-billing based, in fact. The
contracts have no provisions for pay radio.