Old May 30th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Ebay & "The Market"

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"John S." wrote:

Clearly Ebay and other internet sites won't completely replace in
person sales, be it a hamfest, garage sale or estate auction. But the
ease of bringing large numbers of buyers and sellers together via some
internet connection has had a significant impact on brick and mortar
operations. The ease of transacting a sale electronically be it for a
Kenwood 940 or a spinning wheel can't be ignored. And the sellers that
fail to react in some way will be left behind.

Yeah, right. What about the people who don't even have a computer,
or don't trust online transactions? They'll never go near E-bay.

They will be left in the dust. I suppose those who don't have a
computer or don't trust online transactions could try setting up an
ether-based net using morse code. I suspect that it will be largely
one-way communications though.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell