Old May 31st 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Eton E-10 Shortwave Radio at Radio Shack

Charly wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone have any reviews on this radio?

I have seen some negative comments on it but the word around Radio
Shack was it was a good radio and it FLEW off the shelves at the
closeout price.

If it was a bad radio, it would still be there.

Thanks

TMT

Just try this : http://www.google.fr/search?q=eton+e10+review

One end user review here :
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5100

The Eton E10 is a rebadged PL550 Tecsun Radio :
http://www.radiointel.com/review-pl550.htm

Eton price : 100 US$
Tecsun price : 50 US$ off eBay + shipping (can be 25 US$ !)

For the same price you can also consider buying the Degen 1103 or 1102 that are
said to be good performers. I found on eBay today a DE1102 with a free SW active
antenna DE31... Can be a good deal for that price...

Agree completely. The Tecsun is not a bad radio but the Degen radios
you mentioned offer improvements in performance for about the same
price. At $100.00 the E10 was horribly over priced. It is a good
looking radio though.