Old May 31st 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Too_Many_Tools

Default Eton E-10 Shortwave Radio at Radio Shack

Agreed...but again the E10 is at $50...not $100....and it FLEW off the
shelves at Radio Shack.

In the big picture. really how important is SSB?

The fact that more and more radios are being released without SSB is a
case of the marketplace trying to tell us something.

TMT

John S. wrote:
Charly wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone have any reviews on this radio?

I have seen some negative comments on it but the word around Radio
Shack was it was a good radio and it FLEW off the shelves at the
closeout price.

If it was a bad radio, it would still be there.

Thanks

TMT

Just try this : http://www.google.fr/search?q=eton+e10+review

One end user review here :
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5100

The Eton E10 is a rebadged PL550 Tecsun Radio :
http://www.radiointel.com/review-pl550.htm

Eton price : 100 US$
Tecsun price : 50 US$ off eBay + shipping (can be 25 US$ !)

For the same price you can also consider buying the Degen 1103 or 1102 that are
said to be good performers. I found on eBay today a DE1102 with a free SW active
antenna DE31... Can be a good deal for that price...

Agree completely. The Tecsun is not a bad radio but the Degen radios
you mentioned offer improvements in performance for about the same
price. At $100.00 the E10 was horribly over priced. It is a good
looking radio though.