Old June 1st 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
switcher

Default inductance loop versus inductance dipole ...

In article ,
ca314159 wrote:

This is the way I currently understand it:

A grounded vertical looks like an inductor with
capacitance between the distant ends.

When the two ends (top of the antenna and ground)
are bent closer to but not touching it forms a loop, LC tank.

Extending a tank into the 3rd dimension by rotatation
of the inductor around the capacitor forms a resonant cavity.

Extending the tank into the 3rd dimension by translation
results in a waveguide.

In our mathematics course, I saw things like

limit ( size --- infinity ) loop = dipole

do you say yes to this one ??

;-)

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be