Old June 1st 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave vs satellite radio?

wrote:
I never thought id consider paying for radio.... but
lately I've been giving thought to getting rid of TV
completely and canceling cable bill.

Id replace it with satellite radio IF the following:

1. I can buy a device that acts as a portable receiver
and portable DVR to allow me to time shift. And I can
take this device ANYWHERE in the US and keep on my
person if wanted

2. The programming had a LOT of talk shows and audio
stories and documentaries. Old time radio, etc

Can someone one advise if this possible?

Satellite radio and cable TV are both a huge ripoff - you won't catch
me getting caught up in them...