Old June 2nd 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default Mobile rigging

On 01 Jun 2006 17:01:18 GMT, Ed
wrote:

I never tried to determine if it was the plug itself, or the wiring
that caused the power drop, but I found a website that allows you to
calculate the voltage drop of wire given the length, wire size and
current.

35 years experience tells me that biggest issue regarding voltage drop
in most wiring harnesses is the connections, not the wire itself.
Unsoldered metal to metal connections, especially crimp type, are
especially problematic.

Ed K7AAT

That may well be. However, I still use the wire with the least
voltage drop I can reasonably afford. (#8 was available, flexible, and
relatively inexpensive for the length I needed, #00 was too stiff and
large to manipulate in my car.

--
73 for now
Buck