Old June 2nd 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus

Default Shortwave vs satellite radio?

wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

But as an alternative to terrestrial, especially the AM's and AM
noise here (and much of that content is on XM anyway), I like it.

Can you easily take your XM unit inside the house and
use it and then take it in the car and use it?

With the MyFi, yes.

And do. Every day.

You do need to change antennae, but yes, I take it with me. Home,
car. Or just mowing the lawn.

Now, I'm in a big metro area, so there are terrestrial repeaters to
conver spots where the satellite signal is not reliable. Like
underpasses, and downtown.

But it's little different than carrying a walkman.