Old June 3rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Cecil Moore

Default I was going through about ten years of ham catalogs, and I noticed a disturbing trend.

"Morse or Re-Morse" wrote
Radio Shack. You got questions, we got blank stares.

My 17 year old RS Optimus speakers gave up the ghost. I went into
a Radio Shack and was told that not only does RS not sell speakers
like that anymore, but speakers with one tweeter plus one mid-range
plus one woofer were not even manufactured anymore and that it
takes half a dozen modular speakers to set up a system nowadays.

I went over to Fry's Electronics and found exactly what I was
looking for from Cambridge Soundworks. The woofer only goes
down to 40 Hz but for my karaoke system, that's good enough.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp