Old June 4th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Andy

Default Diff between xtal with 3 leads vs. 2 leads?

C wrote:
Hi,

Working on converting an old CB to a 10 meter beacon. Obtained some
xtals in the correct range I need, but they have 3 leads instead of 2.
Are these resonators? Can I use them as direct replacement for xtals in
the CB radio? Where does the 3rd lead go?

BTW, if anyone has a schematic for a barebones 10M tx, 1W +/-, please
send a copy if you can with parts list.
Tnx!

Andy writes:

Use an ohmeter to see if one of the leads is connected to the case
of the device. If it is, it certainly is a ground lead....
I have seen regular xtals with the third lead used as a case ground,
as well as xtal filters, which normally have a ground lead...

Andy W4OAH