Old June 5th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
F8BOE

Default WTB 2m / 70cm all modes transceiver

Hello,

I don't think that the TS-790, nor the IC-821 or 910H were ever meant for
mobile use...
Other interesting rigs are the FT-100D and the FT-857.

And no, I do not recommend AGWPE and Winpack because I can use Unix-based
applications, but just because I tested them... And they both failed.

Winpack: really shiny with a lot of functionnality, but too complicated to
configure, and only limited to the archaic FBB systems and unreliable 7+
file format. No Bin, no BinSplit, no Didadit modes. Too old.

AGWPE: the wannabe effective driver; wannado alot, ending like the swiss
knives with doing nothing really the right way... Only good for APRS and
overloading the packet net traffic with useless ack frames, a kind of100%
link quality with 0% file transfer rates. Sometimes I really wonder how
people use packet radio... In passive-mode only...

So I will go on with Paxon, WPP and Flex32.

73 de F8BOE Olivier ...-.-

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

As far as I remember, no mulimode dual-band mobile rig was ever produced.
Actually you only find IC-706 and FT-897 type mobiles with multimode
abilities on 2 and 70.

Olivier & John-

The IC-706 Mark II or FT-897 may be easier to find. But what about the
TS-790? I believe it came with dual band capability, and could have
another higher band added.

(I have an original IC-706, which does not have the 450 MHz band.)

73, Fred, K4DII