Old June 5th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D

Default Choke /BALUN

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
.net...
"Jimmie D" wrote:
I want needinfo on the type of cores do I need to use with RG58 and RG 214
to make a choke type BALUN at 2m. I am building a vertical dipole out of 1
inch al tubing. coax will pass through the bottom half othe dipole with
the sheild fastend at the middle of the bottom piece and cneter conductor
fastened to the top piece of al. Initial test indicate I have RF on the
shield and need some decoupling.

For single band operation, a simple decoupling stub or sleeve will
probably work. This is discussed in the ARRL Antenna Book.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Would be difficult to incorporate into my design