Old June 5th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt

Default H FIELD ANTENNAS?

In article ,
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Any theory that predicts any antenna can produce an H field without an E
field, or that the H field is unusually large beyond a fraction of a
wavelength from an antenna(*), is flawed. So you're free to make up any
theory you like, and it'll be just as accurate.

(*) Or, from a receiving standpoint, that an antenna responds only to an
H field or it responds more strongly to an H field beyond a fraction of
a wavelength from the antenna.

Upon a cursory search, it appears to me that "H-field antenna" is
probably another (perhaps misleading) term for "small shielded
receiving loop".

Discussions about the latter do seem to have the requisite amount of
lore, mythology, and strenuous disagreements as to just what this sort
of antenna does respond to and how it works.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO