Old July 7th 03, 05:42 AM
Tinker

On 6 Jul 2003 19:11:43 -0700, (John) wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone make a box that is a transmitter, modem (TNC), and GPS
receiver? I'd like to be able to drop a single box in a car or boat
that I want to track. I would attach an antenna and a power-supply and
that would be it.

Does it exist?

If not, are there any websites with suggestions on how to set up a
simple APRS transmitter? I would think a bunch of people have spent
some time on this already.

The Kenwood TMD-700A comes closest. You still need a GPS receiver, but
the connection is simple and straightforward and the GPS receiver needed
is not too expensive and quite small.