Old July 7th 03, 07:38 PM
Mark Keith

"W M Brelsford, K2DI" wrote in message ...
I have a Yaesu FT-4700RH with two burned-out pilot lamps in the
control head. Can anyone (perhaps someone with a service manual)
tell me what the bulb is? Also, can I unsolder them from the back
of the board and pull them through, or do I have to remove the
board to get to the other side? If so, how do I do that..?

Thanks & 73,

I haven't seen that radio, but if it has the orange "omniglow"
lighting, the bulbs "12v" are colored with orange shells, and can be
ordered from yeasu. On my 2500m, which has that lighting, you pull the
control head by undoing the hex screws. Then you undo the screws and
pull the board out from the back. The bulbs are soldered directly to
the board. They come out the front with the leads soldered down to the
board. My 2500m has four of them. It's easy once you get in there and
see it. Or should be anyway... MK