Old June 6th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Percival P. Cassidy

Default So, how do you decide where to buy your gear?

I haven't bought from AES, but I've bought from HRO both by phone and in
stores when I've come across one. My impression is that HRO tends to
have good prices on the big items but tries to make up for it by having
higher prices on the accessories.

I've made on-line purchases from Universal Radio and from R&L -- based
on prices of the items I wanted. I've also purchased small items from
Lentini in CT and from KJI in NJ -- in-store purchases in both cases.

"Perce" (aka Alan NV8A)

On 06/06/06 12:30 pm Bert Hyman wrote:

They all carry the same stuff, they all charge the same prices and
I assume they all have the same ability to stick an address label on
a box and hand it to the UPS guy.

So, other than the obvious need to minimize sales tax, what
contributes to your decision?