Old June 7th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim - NN7K

Default Jury-rigged SMA connector

At- 13.56 GHZ; Probably, at 13.56 Megs, quite
doubtful !

wrote:
I'm a UCF student working on an indoor mobile robot positioning system
based on RFID, and I want to connect the SMA cable of a 13.56MHz
single-loop antenna to two pins of a straight-pin header on an RFID
reader.

My question is, will the characteristics of my antenna be shot to
pieces if I just solder jumpers from the contacts of the coaxial SMA
cable to the two header pins? Is it going to cause noise, interference,
etc. to use those two straight wires for a short distance instead of
the central wire and braided sheath?