Old June 7th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

Default So, how do you decide where to buy your gear?

no store within 300 milesof me... I watch the hamfests, and know what
suppliers will be there (I prefer Memphis Amateur Supply), I will call them
and give them a "shopping list" for the hamfest... I pay the hamfest prices,
don't pay sales tax or shipping. I got a TS-480HX for $900 like that. Its
also a good idea to peruse the other suppliers web sites about 3 weeks
before Christmas for sales also... Got 3 Yeasu FT-7800R dual banders for
$225 each, and free shipping to boot.

-n6ojn

"Steve N." wrote in message

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
They all carry the same stuff, they all charge the same prices and
I assume they all have the same ability to stick an address label on
a box and hand it to the UPS guy.

So, other than the obvious need to minimize sales tax, what
contributes to your decision?

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

No store nearby. Last time I bought, I went for price since they all do
NOT
have the same price. There are specials. You can, of course play the
"but
so-and-so will-sell-it-fir-$x, how-about-you? ploy. There is
consideration
for supporting the local guy or your favorite, however, if you have one.

73, Steve, K9DCI