Old June 7th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Caveat Lector

Default Caught Sending Morse (was Give up CB for ham?)

During long boring meetings at an Aerospace company, my buddy and I would
send Morse by pencil taps, sharp tap was a dit and a tap-scrape was a dah.
Worked well until a new manager gave his fist talk assuring us nothing would
change - we tapped out BS.

After the meeting, the new manager asked my buddy and I to stay for a moment
after the meeting,

With a smile, he sed Hi guys -- I'm W#XYZ

Real call sign disguised to protect the guilty (;-)

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"kd5sak" wrote in message
et...

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. com...
clfe wrote:
How do you send a 'dash' by tapping on a pipe? You
apparently could revolutionize prison communications
by providing an answer to that simple question.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

How about a fast double tap on the pipe (or bar) to signify a "dash"? It's
not an elegant solution, but could be made to work. Those guys are
probably not gonna try for 30 characters per minute anyway.

Harold
KD5SAK